Applications for funding under the second round of the Biodiversity Fund and the first round of Target Area Grants, under the Caring for our Country program are now open. Land managers and community groups are encouraged to apply.
The second round of the Biodiversity Fund will focus on projects that protect and enhance existing native vegetation, and manage invasive species across six target areas:
- Central Australian Connection
- Tasmania (excluding Macquarie Island)
- south-west Western Australia
- urban waterways and coastal environments
- South Australia-Victoria Connection, and
- Greater Border Ranges region.
Caring for our Country Target Area Grants will provide funding of between $50,000 and $2 million for projects focusing on six priority areas:
- the Central Australian Connection
- Cape York
- the Kimberley region
- south-west Western Australia, and
- urban waterways and coastal environments.
For more information on Caring for our Country, visit the CfoC website.
- Broome: 2.30pm – 4.30pm, Wednesday 27 February 2013 | Mercure Broome, 1 Weld Street, Broome
- Perth: 9.30am – 11.30am, Thursday 28 February 2013 | Wollaston Conference Centre, 5 Wollaston Road, Mt Claremont
- Geraldton: 1.30pm – 3pm, Tuesday 5 March 2013: | Master Builders Association, 4 Walton Close
Expressions of Interest close 2pm AEDT Tuesday 12 March 2013 and Full Applications close 2pm AEST Wednesday 10 April.