The Rangelands NRM WA Board is calling for nominations for its Board of Management.
Up to three (3) vacancies for Non-Executive Directors will be available to receive nominations for election.
Rangelands NRM is a natural resource management not-for-profit organisation that works in the rangelands (outback) of Western Australia with people who manage the land. We bring different land managers—pastoralists, ranger groups, government agencies, industry and community groups—together and enable collaboration so more changes can be achieved on the ground. The Rangelands NRM mandate covers threatened species, weeds reduction, animal pest management, and the management of fire across the landscape. We work with pastoralists to improve their grazing practices, reduce erosion and make the most of water in the landscape. Rangelands NRM also support small groups—like Land Conservation District Committees (LCDCs) and Indigenous rangers—to grow and become self-sufficient.
The RNRM Nominations & Remuneration Committee will consider all applications and those shortlisted will be recommended to the Board for approval to be included in the election process.
A Director position would suit professionals with strong experience in leadership in their specific field, with responsibilities for managing, leading and advising in these areas.
To be considered, Nominees must meet the criteria, work with integrity, have commercial astuteness, be a collaborative leader/effective communicator and possess high-level reputation and networks.
Desired Position Criteria
- Board experience
- Graduates of the AICD Company Directors Course – GAICD/FAICD, or highly skilled and highly experienced Board Directors/Chairs
- Tertiary and professional financial qualifications in Finance, Accounting
- Risk and compliance management
- Commercial Lawyer
- Mining and mining offsets
- High level Regional NRM advocate/experience
- ASX Board experience
- Entrepreneurial background
- Based in the Rangelands
RNRM actively encourages diversity on the Board, its Committees and throughout the Organisation.
The following are ineligible for a Board Director position:
- employees of the Association; and
- persons who, either directly or indirectly, receive funds from the Association, or who are engaged (either directly or indirectly) by entities which receive funds from the Association.
Directors and Committee Members are required to comply with the Organisation’s governance standards, including the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
Remuneration, Time Commitment and Term
- Paid remuneration and sitting fees for Board Meetings
- Minimum of four (4) Board meetings per year, or more, as deemed as required by the Board
- Attendance at the AGM
- 3-year term
- Expectation that the Director will also attend defined Committee meetings
- All meetings held in Perth Western Australia
The Board of Management of RNRM has the overall responsibility over Governance, financial viability, oversight, advocacy and setting the strategic direction of the Organisation.
All Board Members are required to act in accordance with the Constitution, the Code of Conduct, and any other relevant RNRM Policies.
Responsibilities of the Board of Management
- The Board of Management of Rangelands NRM has the overall responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the organisation. It is also responsible for the financial viability, oversight and advocacy.
- All Board members are required to act in accordance with the Constitution, the Directors Code of Conduct, the Directors Key Competencies Policy, the AICD Good Governance Principles and Guidance and any other relevant Rangelands NRM Policies. A copy of Rangelands NRM most recent annual report can be found at https://rangelandswa.com.au/publications/annual-report/
Format of Application
All applications must consist of the following:
- a completed Board Nominations Form, with the signature of one (1) Nominator and the Nominee*;
- a Candidate Statement – not exceeding 400 words
The Candidate Statement must provide details of the Nominee’s reasons for nominating for the Board position, address any particular competencies being sought by the Committee, personal qualities that would contribute to the Board and details of any actual, perceived or potential conflicts of interest.
*The nomination may only be proposed by a current Board Member or a Member of Rangelands NRM. Please contact the Company Secretary should you require a nominor.
Lodgement of Application – by Friday 13 September 2019, 5:00pm (AWST)
All completed applications for nomination are to be forwarded to: The Nominations Committee c/- The Company Secretary, Mr D Blunt, email Or by mail to the Company Secretary at, Rangelands NRM, Suite 12, 58 Kishorn Road, Mt Pleasant WA 6153.
For enquiries relating to the nominations process, please contact The Company Secretary, Dave Blunt, on 0438 198 898 or CEO Debra Tarabini-East on 0408 940 544
[Copy of this Position on the Board of Management]