The Rangelands NRM WA Board is calling for nominations for its Board of Management.
Up to four (4) vacancies for Non-Executive Directors will be available to received nominations for election.
Rangelands NRM is a natural resource management not-for-profit organisation that works in the rangelands (outback) of Western Australia with people who manage the land. We bring different land managers—pastoralists, ranger groups, government agencies, industry and community groups—together and enable collaboration so more changes can be achieved on the ground. The Rangelands NRM mandate covers threatened species, weeds reduction, animal pest management, and the management of fire across the landscape. We work with pastoralists to improve their grazing practices, reduce erosion and make the most of water in the landscape. Rangelands NRM also support small groups—like Land Conservation District Committees (LCDCs) and Indigenous rangers—to grow and become self-sufficient.
The Board is seeking critical and innovative thinkers with the passion and time to make a genuine and active contribution as a Non-Executive Director of Rangelands NRM.
The RNRM Nominations Committee will consider all Nominees and will recommend to the Board, in accordance with clause 10 (4), those candidates meeting the appropriate eligibility criteria, qualities and skill sets required by the Board.
Under Section 10(4) of the Constitution persons who are a) employees of the Association; and b) either directly or indirectly, receive funds from the Association, or who are engaged (either directly or indirectly) by entities which receive funds from the Association; are ineligible for a Board Director position.
The 2018 the Nominations Committee have been instructed to seek the following criteria, based on its future requirements to meet its diversification strategy.
- Board experience and/or completion of Board Governance training
- Ability to think strategically and identify and critically assess strategic opportunities and threats
- High level reputation and networks
- A commitment to the purpose for which Rangelands NRM has been established and operates
- Demonstrated good governance and financial competencies
Experience (in one or more of the following)
- Experienced Certified Practising Accountant/Chartered Accountant
- Experienced in risk and compliance oversight
- Experienced Commercial Lawyer
- Experienced in Marketing/Communications and Public Relations
- Experienced in Information Technology/Cyber Security
- Persons who have a high business profile with reputable organisations
- High-level industry experience and/or degree qualified, in their fields of expertise
- Graduates of the AICD Company Directors Course – GAICD/FAICD, or highly skilled and highly experienced Board Directors/Chairs
Remuneration and Meeting requirements
- Paid remuneration and sitting fees for Board Meetings
- Minimum of four Board meetings per year, or more, as deemed as required by the Board
- Expectation that the Director will also attend defined Committee meetings
Responsibilities of the Board of Management
- The Board of Management of Rangelands NRM has the overall responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the organisation. It is also responsible for the financial viability, oversight and advocacy.
- All Board members are required to act in accordance with the Constitution, the Directors Code of Conduct, the Directors Key Competencies Policy, the AICD Good Governance Principles and Guidance and any other relevant Rangelands NRM Policies. A copy of Rangelands NRM most recent annual report can be found at https://rangelandswa.com.au/publications/annual-report/
Rangelands NRM actively encourages diversity on the board, its committees and throughout the organisation.
Background and instructions are found in the accompanying [Positions on the Board of Management] document.
All applications must consist of the following:
- a completed [Rangelands NRM Board Nominations Form], with the signature of one (1) nominator and the nominee*;
- a candidate statement – not exceeding 400 words
The candidate statement must provide details of the nominee’s reasons for nominating for the Board position, address any particular competencies being sought by the Committee, describe personal qualities that would contribute to the Board and provide details of any actual, perceived or potential conflicts of interest.
*The nomination may only be proposed by a current Board Director or a Member of Rangelands NRM. Please contact the Company Secretary should you require a nominor.
Lodgement of Application – by Tuesday 25 September 2018, 5:00pm (AWST)
All completed applications for nomination are to be forwarded to:
The Nominations Committee c/- The Company Secretary, Mr D Blunt,
Or by mail to the Company Secretary at, Rangelands NRM, Suite 1, 125 Melville Parade, Como WA 6152
For enquiries relating to the nominations process, please contact:
- The Company Secretary, Dave Blunt, on 0438 198 898 or
- CEO Debra Tarabini-East on 0408 940 544