- Perth based with some travel
- Dynamic role
- Full-time position
Rangelands NRM is an incorporated association, working in sustainable use and land management; administering a Natural Resource Management region that covers more than 2.3 million square kilometres – approx. 87% of the West Australian landmass and 75% of the WA coastline.
A rewarding opportunity is currently available for the Director of Operations & Regional Development.
Serving on the Management Team, your role is responsible for managing the Operations Team and programs, and advancing of the Organisation’s Regional Development Strategy.
Reporting to the CEO, key areas of responsibility include:
- Working to shape, deliver and report against the Organisation’s Strategic and Business plans, and advancing the financial sustainability of the Organisation;
- Actively pursuing commercial opportunities, which build upon existing projects and identified business ventures, in collaboration with the CEO;
- Providing leadership to ensure the Operations Team is cost effective, productive and reflects the current values and ethos of the Organisation;
- Overseeing tender and grant assessments, applications and processes;
- Overseeing and reporting on community development by the Program Managers;
- Developing and overseeing service delivery contracts/program development, ensuring delivery against contracts, and exploring opportunities which value-add and grow the business;
- Guiding Organisational and Program budgets in collaboration with Program Managers;
- Actively contributing to the development and implementation of Organisational strategies, policies and practices.
To be considered for this position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Natural Resource Management, Regional Development or other relevant discipline;
- Project Management (degree, certificate or training);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer skills, particularly with MS Office suite;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of regional socio-economic issues and threatening NRM processes.
- Commercial background experience.
- Experience in a Project Management role.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes within timelines.
- Significant experience in team management and leadership.
- Advanced problem solving, entrepreneurship and innovation skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate with, people at all levels and across all cultures.
- Experienced in developing and commercialising new funding opportunities, including project commercialisation and business development.
- Understanding of the Grants and Tender process.
How to apply
Applications should include a CV and a short summary addressing each of the Position Specifications. Please email your application to David Blunt.
For any enquiries about the position please call Rangelands NRM on 9468 8250.
Applications close Monday 11th March 2019 at 5pm WST.