- Work with a small but dedicated team
- Geraldton (other Southern Rangelands locations may be considered)
- 0.8 Full time equivalent position
Rangelands NRM is a not–for-profit incorporated association which works with land managers, government and community groups who are interested in the sustainable use and management of the land. Our NRM region covers more than 2.3 million square kilometres – approx 87% of the WA landmass and 75% of the WA coastline.
We are looking for a dynamic Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator/Project Manager to work with the Rangelands NRM Team within the Southern Rangelands. The successful applicant will be a team player with excellent communication skills to work with external and internal stakeholders and build solid relationships.
The Regional Agricultural Landcare Facilitator will provide on-ground support and guidance to the pastoral industry across the southern rangelands of WA. This person will be responsible for delivering activities which support the rangelands pastoral community to increase their participation in sustainable land management. The key areas of responsibility are:
- Build community leadership and capacity, rapport and strong relationships with NRM stakeholders, Landcare and NRM groups and key individuals.
- Co-ordinate knowledge and skill development activities with Landcare and NRM groups.
- Facilitate project works which facilitate practice change on ground through ESRM planning, demonstration sites, formal training courses, collaboration with other relevant projects.
- Support new and existing groups to identify funding opportunities and other resources to undertake NRM projects which align with the Rangelands NRM strategic and regional plans.
- Facilitate the provision of technical and other advice to groups that will assist sustainable land management.
- Develop and distribute publications promoting sustainable pastoralism in WA’s rangelands in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- Assist in the administration of the Regional Landcare Facilitator reporting including development of project plans, monitoring of budgets, evaluation and project management requirements.
- Provide feedback to the Australian Government and the National Landcare Facilitator on emerging issues and current attitudes and activities.
To be considered for this position you will need the following skills and experience.
- Degree in NRM or other relevant discipline or substantial experience in a field related to southern rangelands pastoral systems
- Knowledge of regional issues and threatening NRM processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relate to, and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated
- Computer skills, particularly with MS Office suite
- Current WA Drivers Licence.
- Training in Project Management
- Experience living or working in Remote or Northern Australia
About the job
This is a 0.8 full time equivalent position and Geraldton location is preferable, other Southern Rangelands locals considered. Travel will be required and occasionally remote. At times you will be required to work outside of normal business hours.
How to apply
All applications, enquiries and requests for a job description should be sent to email@example.com
Applications should include a CV and a short summary addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close 31st August 2018.