Thanks to the support of the WA Government’s State Natural Resource Management Program, Rangelands NRM is set to deliver a one-hour Demystifying Carbon Webinar on Wednesday 28 October 2020 from 1 to 2pm WST.
The webinar will help explain some of the information surrounding carbon opportunities for pastoralists and land managers by providing a brief overview of four methodologies under the Emissions Reduction Fund.
Rangelands NRM CEO Debra Tarabini said the webinar would be a fast-paced 60 minutes outlining various methodologies from a practical perspective.
“Our speakers will focus on Herd Methodology, Human Induced Regeneration, Savanna Burning and Soil Carbon to help pastoralists and land managers get a better understanding of present and future potential carbon opportunities,” she said.
Key speakers will include:
- Stephen Kellie, Clean Energy Regulator – Role, ERF update and directions
- Ben Lodge, Land Regeneration Group – Soil Carbon
- Department of Primary Industries and Development – Human Induced Regeneration
- Jasmine Boxsell, Consolidated Pastoral Company – Herd Methodology
- Dr Andrew Edwards, Charles Darwin Uni (DCBR) – Savanna Burning
- Rowan Foley, Aboriginal Carbon Foundation – Investment in premium carbon credits with co-benefits
A series of factsheets on Herd Methodology; Soil Carbon; Savanna Burning; and Human Induced Regeneration have been produced to accompany the webinar and can be downloaded from the Rangelands NRM website.
Participants should register online in advance for this one-off opportunity.